Monday, July 11, 2011

Love at First Sight

Mac and I woke up yesterday morning full of anticipation of how Betsy Grace was going to take to her new sister. I know I am not alone when I say that I worried about this meeting much of my pregnancy...was she going to be jealous, would she like the baby, would she all of the sudden start throwing tantrums to get attention? But from the minute she caught glance of her new baby, it was love and first sight and if these pictures do not show that she is obsessed, I don't know will :)

We had Sutton in her room, sound asleep, so that Mac, BG and I went to find her together. She took one look at her and gave a HUGE grin...what relief!!!

Then, we quickly turned our attention to the presents that Sutton brought her big sis. Turns out we didn't really need these to get BG to love her but presents never hurt :)

LOVES her new Abby doll!!!

Sharing Elmo and Abby with her sister...now that's true sister love!

Later that afternoon, Carl Sr. and Carl Jr. came to meet Sutton and we put Sutton in BG's lap for a photo shoot. This made Betsy Grace sooooo happy! I kept trying to help her hold Sutton but she said "Mommy No" and pushed my hand away.

Getting some more "lap time" with Sutton before bed.
Gotta love a daddy and his girls :)

Sutton sacked out after her big sister went to bed...we were all worn out after our first day as a family of four under on roof but it was wonderful. In fact, it was cousin Isabelle's first birthday party this afternoon and we all went. Sutton slept, of course, but Betsy Grace had a blast! The cutest thing was that about every 15 minutes, BG would say "Daddy, see Sutton" and Mac would take her back to the bedroom to sit beside her sister...this love melts my heart!!!

I went to get Betsy Grace up this morning and the first thing out of her mouth was "Baby Sutton". Normally, she is all about her juice and waffles but now we have a new obsession :)

Holding hands...sweetest sight.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Libby! This is the sweetest thing I have ever seen in my life! You can see how PROUD BG is to be a big sister! Ah, this is making me want to have a babay stat!!!!!

    ReplyDelete