Sunday, July 24, 2011

Birthday Queen turns 2!!!

Happy Birthday to the happiest, most joy filled, loving little girl ever!!! I can't believe that it has been 2 years since you were born, you truly are the most precious gift from God to your mommy and daddy. You make us smile a thousand times a day and your independent spirit is such an encouragement and inspiration to me. You have proven to be an amazing big sister and I know that Sutton will always look up to you. We are so very proud of the little girl that you have become, your kind heart touches so many and we are so blessed to call you our daughter! We love you with all our hearts! xoxo, Mommy and Daddy

Turning 2 is super cool but between our birthday and all of the big sister presents that we have received, I am not sure that we will ever be the same. Betsy Grace was not just queen for the day, she has been queen for the month and she is soaking up every ounce of attention :) We didn't have a big birthday this year because planning and executing a bash with a newborn seemed impossible but we did celebrate with our wonderful family. Betsy Grace didn't seem to mind....she had cake, presents and the undivided attention of her family and thats all that mattered!

It's my birthday and I will pick my nose if I want to :)

Betsy Grace loves the biscuits at Flying Biscuit (who doesn't?!?!) and so we got up early and the four of us headed out to breakfast. It was a perfect way to start off such a special day!

Daddy is not being corny and giving the peace sign, he is trying to get BG to show that she is 2 with her hands :)

And here is little sister, such a trooper as she sleeps and is soooo good where ever we go! We must have done something right to get 2 good babies!

Opening gifts

We haven't gotten any pics as a family of four, so I was determined to get a good one.
Attempt #1...not bad but not great

Sisters :)

SanSan and SuttonBear

Betsy Grace just about died when she saw the cake Aunt Haines made, it's ELMO!!! So perfect and fitting for an Elmo obsessed little girl! The only problem was that she couldn't understand why she had to wait to eat it, there is no reasoning with a 2 year old when it comes to cake!

Family pic Attempt #2...getting better

While taking this I realized that this is my first picture of just Sutton and I...poor second child.

And then I wanted one with both of my girls but Betsy Grace was not having it!

MMMMMMM, cake!!!!!

She takes after her grandmother B...eats all the icing first :)

Mommy and Daddy with the birthday girl

Sweet Izzie

Aunt Haines lovin on Sutton

Another generation of Sisters :)

As fun as birthdays are, we are exhausted!!!
Good thing we have a year to rest up before we do it again!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment