Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Best "BIG" Girl

With Baby Sister's arrival being in 2 months or less, we have been working very hard on emphasizing that Betsy Grace is a big girl and not a baby. I am very hopeful that big sis will not only be sweet but "helpful"when the baby comes home, so anything positive that we can point out and reinforce is key as we all prepare :) I held a baby at the birthday party, just to test her reaction and although she did not cry, she gained a very stoic look and that little bottom lip started downward...uh oh!
Mac was out of town this weekend (and is on his way home, PTL) and my little muffin was SOOOO good! I still feel great and am not having any ailments but things are a little bit more challenging at 30 weeks and BG was an angel and made this weekend so much fun. We were packed with activities, of course...we went to a festival, a birthday party, out to dinner but also enjoyed some time just playing around the house. Sister's room was painted on Friday, so the metamorphosis has begun and I think a light bulb has gone off in BG's head that something must be happening. It hasn't seemed to click just by talking about my belly and babies, so maybe the "new" room will do the trick. Over the past couple of days, Sister's room has been her favorite place to hide and play...imagine that, it's like she is trying to mark her territory :) The rug and crib come this week, hopefully, so I will keep you posted on the continued reaction.

Up to no good, with a huge smile :) Here she is trying to close the door to Sister's room so that she can have some privacy. I can see those teenage years already!

Then she opens it up again, just to make sure that I am still there...my little love!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment