Thursday, July 8, 2010

Welcome to the Girls Club Isabelle!

Isabelle Goodwin Barksdale entered the world on July 2 and we just can't get enough of this sweet little muffin! She is yet another girl in this family and we couldn't be happier! I know that she and Betsy Grace will always be close and will probably grow up more like sisters than cousins. Isabelle, welcome to the family!

Here she is, just one day old!

Admiring our beautiful niece, I forgot how small newborns are!
Betsy Grace didn't get to meet Isabelle in the hospital,
so we anxiously awaited her homecoming :)

Sweet and snuggly in her mama's arms

Daddies and their girls...melts my heart!

Thinking Isabelle is one of her dolls...
can't tell you how many times we repeated "GENTLE"

The proud Grandmothers

...and Grandfathers!

Haines and her daddy

Holding hands, precious moment! Love it!

and here's a little something for my little niece...

Dear Isabelle,
I have loved you from the start. I prayed for you before you were created and I cried tears of joy when I knew you were on the way. For the past 9 months we have talked about who you would look like, the places you will go, how you will change all of our lives, etc...the excitement over your birth has been incredible! And now you are here and for this moment, life is complete. The love that we have for you will grow everyday and we are so blessed to have you as the newest member of our family!
You are a child of God and the parents he entrusted you to are so amazing! Your mommy is honestly one of the most beautiful people, inside and out, that I have ever met! The love in her eyes for you speaks her heart and it is breathtaking. I know the incredible joy that belongs to mothers of little girls and I am over the moon in delight that your mommy now knows the same. And your daddy, your sweet daddy...when I married your uncle Mac, I received the brother I never had yet always hoped for, he is one of the most thoughtful, caring and patient men that I know. You already have him wrapped around your finger and you will always be his little girl, no matter how old you are! Sweet Isabelle, you hit the parent jackpot!
As your aunt, I promise to love you like my own. I promise to guide you, protect you, teach you, and pray for you everyday. We will have lots of laughs and probably lots of tears but I will always be there for you. You have a beautiful spirit and I can't wait to see you grow. Looking at you reminds me that God is constantly at work. I will love you forever!
Love,
your aunt Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment