Thursday, July 22, 2010

Birthday Eve!

So, the trip down memory lane continues :) This time I am going to share the fun from the present day and then I'll reminisce. We had a little "Playgroup Birthday" today to celebrate and it was so much fun. Sweet Aunt Haines made the cupcakes, which are always the hit of the party, and it was so much fun to see Betsy Grace and her buds together.

Here she is with her oldest and best friend Margaret Blount, sharing...so sweet!

Tracking those cupcakes like little hawks...let's all sing "Happy Birthday"

oooo...what I am supposed to do with that?!?!

Y.U.M.

It's my party and I'll scream if I want to!

Oh my goodness, I don't think I can finish it all!

My sweet, sweet girl! Everything about her is joyful, she is going to be a birthday queen for sure!

Now for the reminiscing...
This came easy because I wrote a journal entry the night before she was born. That's one of the wonderful things about a scheduled C Section, you can dot your "i's" and cross your "t's" :)

7/22/09 (really 7/23/09 because it's 12:15 in the am. but we are calling this the day before)
3 weeks ago we found out that our sweet BG would be joining us early and now we have arrived at her Birthday Eve. Mac and I took it easy today, just did a couple of errands, rested, and Dad, Mom and Sandy came over early evening to visit. Everyone is so excited for Betsy Grace to get here, we can hardly stand it! We ate an early dinner, went to Dairy Queen (a pregnancy staple), watched the Pink Panther(there is something wrong with you if it doesn't make you laugh) and ate waffles at 11:00 pm. Starting at midnight, I am not allowed to eat or drink anything. My bag is already packed so all I have to do is get up, take a shower and straighten up around the house. It is so weird to think that the next time I will be here, I will have my baby...I am thinking only good thoughts! We are to check in at the hospital at 11:00 am and my C section is scheduled for 1:30 pm. Dr. Clarke is bringing our baby girl into the world and we are so anxious to meet her. We are not sure how much she will weigh but we know that no matter the situation, God is right there and he will be right next to me in the operating room offering complete protection. Mac has been the most amazing and incredible husband throughout these past 9 months, Betsy Grace will be the most blessed little girl to have such a wonderful daddy! She is moving in my belly as I write, I think she knows it's about to be her birthday!
If I could look at her right now, this is what I would say:
Betsy Grace, I love you! God spent the last 37 weeks knitting you and I know that you are beautifully perfect! I promise to be the best mommy to you and care for you, love you and protect you for the rest of your life. There are so many wonderful people praying for you right now and tomorrow, you will never know how much you are loved! I can't wait to meet you in 13 hours!

Until tomorrow, xoxo!


1 comment: