Wednesday, July 21, 2010

This time last year....

As we left lunch today, I took a detour around Presbyterian Hospital and found myself tearing up, or more bawling...let's be honest, thinking about this time last year. Here I was in the moment, July 21st 2010, with my soon to be one year old in the car babbling away in the back and my thoughts were consumed with 1 year ago...
Starting at the beginning of July 2009, we knew that Betsy Grace could come any day. Yes, she was early but we knew that she was perfect and had doctors testing and monitoring every other day to ensure her health. The goal was to make it to 37 weeks and we were almost there. My C Section was scheduled for Thursday the 23rd at 1:00 pm with my doctor, Noelle Clarke. So on this day, 2 days before, I was eagerly anticipating the arrival of my little girl. We didn't know if she would have to go to the NICU or if we were going to be able to take her home when I was ready to leave but the bottom line was that she was about to enter the world and she was ours. No matter what the journey held, we were prepared and we were so excited to kiss our little girl's face, hands, toes, every little piece of her! I was on semi bedrest, so was not working and trying my best to rest and relax. I had a nice day and my aunt brought dinner for us. I remember trying to cherish every movement I felt in my belly, knowing that there were only a couple more days. I remember trying to imagine what it would be like with her here, really having not a clue about newborns, sleepless nights, feedings, etc. But none of the hard stuff mattered, I just wanted her here, so that I could hold her and love her.
And now, skip forward one year, I know....I know the love, I know the joy, I know the cries, I know the laughter, I know the hardships and I know that we have a very special little girl who is a true gift from God. I am overwhelmed with emotion writing this because I had no clue, no clue, all of the blessings that would unfold in Betsy Grace. She is our angel and we can't wait to celebrate her first year in 2 days!!!

2 comments:

  1. crying right now...you are such a sweet mama libby and bg and mac are so lucky to have you!! we are looking forward to tomorrow! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm crying as I usually do when I read your beautiful blog about your precious baby girl. Libby your openness and honesty and raw emotion you share and are able to put down in words is a true gift and I am always honored to be giving such an intimate insight to your life as a mother and a wife. Thank you for sharing and never stop writing Betsy Grace will be so lucky to have this to look back on as she grows up.

    Lil

    ReplyDelete