Saturday, January 29, 2011

Flattered....

So there is this thing going around "blogger world" called the Stylish Blogger Award and it's nothing more than a chain of nominations that come with fun facts but it's very entertaining, for those of us blog stalkers :) My friend Brooke received the award and passed the torch on the me. You are supposed to list 7 things about yourself that others might not know and then lift up a couple of other bloggers that you enjoy and they will continue on the chain.
So here I go...

1. I am always changing things in my house and I have a talent for getting the look for less, which serves me very well! Luckily, I have a husband who appreciates pretty things and good design but still lets me make the decisions :) I work one day a week for an amazing interior designer who has taught me so much and keeps me inspired.

2. I love Christmas....love the music that starts the day after Halloween, love the way the Christmas tree smells, love the traditions and decorations but the true meaning behind it all is what really fuels my spirit. People are more kind, happier and you see more smiles...it's the way life should be. And it is way more fun that I could have ever imagined with now having a child!!! Unfortunately, this year morning/all day sickness ruled and I missed out on a lot but next year will be super fun celebrating with 2 kiddos!!!

3. I am being totally serious when I say that my husband completes me:) The term opposites attract was coined with us in mind. He is everything I am not, my flaws are his strengths and that is why we are so perfect for each other. We married young and looking back, I am not so sure how well we knew each other :) I had no clue what an amazing husband, father and leader of our family he would be. You don't think about all that heavy stuff when you are young, at least I didn't. All I knew was that he loved the Lord, he loved me and I loved him...I knew from the very beginning that he was the one for me. Life has thrown us curve balls in the past 5 years but it has only made us stronger, grow closer and made us fall more deeply in love. I love that man!

4. I am starting to get a couple of gray hairs and I am freaking! Mac has a good bit and it is sooo handsome but gray is just not for me and it's not a look I will be sporting nor embracing :) I have only dyed my hair once, I was 16 and in art school...need I say more :) It is a costly habit that I have been glad to not be a part of but I think those high priced days are right around the corner.

5. I have the most wonderful friends, I mean pour your heart out, holding nothing back, there for you 24 hours a day friends. Life has taught me that TRUE friends are the ones that count and I am beyond words blessed! You know who you are and I love you!!!

6. Every morning, when I wake up, I have a huge spoonful of peanut butter. I have done it for probably 3 years and it's the perfect temporary solution to my insatiable hunger. That and a big mug of hot chocolate get me going :)

7. We find out in less than 3 weeks what we are having and I am honestly unbiased about the sex of #2. I think both would be the perfect addition for different reasons and such a blessing to our family, especially Betsy Grace.

So here are a few of my favorite blogs that I think are super worthy of this award :)

A Sweet Life

Our Family...on Heaven and on Earth

The Best Things Come in Small Packages

Lauren Jackson Photography

This has been fun, hope y'all enjoyed :)
xoxo




1 comment: