Friday, May 21, 2010

Happy 5th my love!

This blog is written by me about our little bug, so you rarely get to hear from Mac but today is our 5th wedding anniversary and I just had to share what a lucky girl I am to have such an AMAZING husband!!! I love being a mama but I am a wife first and the love I have for my husband is indescribable! Here's what I found in my email this morning:

Dearest Libby,

Isn’t it amazing how time flies when you are having the time of your life?? I can remember like it was yesterday, standing there at the front of the church with Christopher, Steve, Dad and our closest friends and wondering what have I done to deserve the most beautiful being that God has ever created? There was a brief moment of silence and then the doors at the back of the sanctuary opened and there you were; the angel of my existence! You looked amazing, my heart skipped a beat and then my eyes flowed with tears of joy and excitement. I then thought to myself, why is John walking so slow, hurry up…this is not about you; I am ready to be married! Once he handed you over those next 20 minutes were magical. I love thinking back on when we read each other our vows and knowing that I have the privilege and honor of living up to them day in and day out (at least I think I do). Then the deal was done and we were introduced as husband and wife…and then off to the club for an evening of celebration….its funny, today marks the 5 year anniversary of the longest celebration of my life and I love the fact that it will last into perpetuity.

Fast forward to May 21, 2010, Libby and Mac Barksdale, proud parents of Elizabeth Grace Barksdale!!! How cool is it to say that! After patience and prayer, the Lord our God blessed our already blessed lives with the birth of our first child. WOW!! When I thought I had it all, the Lord kept on giving! She is the luckiest girl in the world to have such a wonderful and loving mother!!

Libby, you never cease to amaze me! Your eagerness to expand your relationship with Christ is inspiring! Your ability to raise and care for our daughter is tender and admirable. Your willingness to put others ahead of yourself is unbelievable. The ease at which you make me feel like the luckiest man alive…well…that just you being you, my angel!

I look forward to growing old with you, I only wish I got better looking inside and out with age like you. If only every day could last an eternity! Cheers to the last five years and I can’t wait for the next…..

I love you more today than I did yesterday and I’ll love you more tomorrow than I do today!

With everlasting love,

Mac



See what I mean, I am so blessed! His words take my breath away. Each day our love grows stronger and our faith gets deeper. We have learned to communicate without words, although we know how to use them, which is important too! Mac is my love and my best friend, he is mine and I am his....I couldn't ask for more! He is an incredibly godly man, a faithful husband and a tireless father. He provides for Betsy Grace and I emotionally, spiritually and physically. He makes me laugh so hard that I pee in my pants, literally :) He hugs me just at the right time and holds me until it's all better. He is my soul mate, he makes me complete and I am giddy thinking about all that the future holds! I love you Mac, my cup runneth over!


No comments:

Post a Comment