Sunday, May 9, 2010

Being a mom

I have thought about being a mom my whole life. When I was little and played house, when I was a teenager and babysat and then when my friends started to have babies. I longed for it as we were trying to get pregnant and I obsessed about it when I was pregnant. But no matter how much I thought about it before, I was completely overcome and shocked by the intense and wonderful love that I felt for my child when she came into this world. I have said it many times before but I have never known a love like this. Betsy Grace brightens my day with her smile and lights up my world with her giggles. She is curious, full of life and already has a heart filled with the love of Jesus. I miss her when she is asleep and I can't get enough of her when she is awake.

Mac and BG were precious on Mother's Day, they indulged me with thoughtful cards and gifts but I didn't need anything. My gift arrived last July 23rd at 3:03 in the afternoon.
I love you Betsy Grace, because of you, I know the purity and beauty of motherhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment