Saturday, August 11, 2012

Coming into her own

It's funny to think that when Betsy Grace was this age, I thought she was so old.  Sutton on the other hand, is my baby and i feel like she is so young.  It has nothing to do with their ability or development, it's just that BG is my big girl and Sutt is my baby.  
But i am here to tell you that this "baby" has definitely come into her own and found her own little personality, separate from her sissy.  Even though she is a more "high maintenance" child, she has grown very full of herself, started taking risks and is a very funny little girl.  She cracks up when she is told "NO" and continues to test the limits.  Her favorite thing to do at her little camp is to climb on the table and laugh and dance...Daddy is scared!  Her smile is super-contagious, she crinkles up her nose and smiles a toothy grin and no one can get her to smile faster than her sissy.  
With my girls so close in age and being the same sex, I really want them to find their own way, be different from each other and have their own identities BUT still love and respect each other.  Huge wish, I know but it looks like we are off to a great start!

Proud of herself for figuring out how to turn on the water...
scares me to death, she knows it and LOVES it!

This is how we found her one morning, after our daily search of "Where's Sutton"
I can read her mind as she is looking at us...
"Who you callin' a baby?!?! I'm a big girl and I can go potty just like sissy"

Another happy face, cant remember the moment but I am sure it had something to do with throwing food on the floor, another favorite trick :)


SuttBear, you are a character and i love watching your little personality set you apart from your sissy.  You are a mommy's girl like no other and despite it making things tough, occasionally, i love that your love and preference are Mommy.  I just have 2 requests...first, i know you wont always be a "baby" but just let me think of you as one for a little while longer, please???  and second, go easy on my every now and then, ok?  i have a feeling that we are going to have our hands full with you and if you could stop waking up in the middle of the night for no reason, I could rest up for the years to come.  Kidding....kinda ;)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment